Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes for a light yet filling lunch, from the Savvy cookbook magazine
Make and share this Open-Faced Prawn and Egg Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 6 prawns, boiled with their shells on
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives (optional)
- 4 capers (optional)
- 1 slice of round farmer's bread
- 2 crisp iceberg lettuce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- Apply butter on one side of the farmer's bread.
- Arrange lettuce on top of the buttered half.
- Shell and chop the hard-boiled eggs and mix onion, parsley, mustard, salt, olives, capers and mayonnaise into the eggs.
- Put the egg salad on top of lettuce and arrange shelled, deveined and seasoned prawns on top of the egg salad.
- Serve immediately.