Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bell peppers,onions, provolone cheese served on an Italian loaf.
Make and share this Open-Faced Pepper Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and cut in strips
- 1 onion, cut into rounds
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions, and peppers, until meat is no longer pink,and drain.
- Stir in 1/2 salad dressing, and spread remaining dressing on cut sides of Italian bread, and broil 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon beef mixture over cut sides of bread, and top with cheese slices.
- Return to broiler and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut each half into 3 pieces and serve.
DH loved the taste of this different take on burgers. The use of italian dressing is a great idea. I'll make this recipe again. Thanks Doug!
Made for PRMR.
Tasty, was my husband's comment and it is. I used an orange pepper, instead of the red, as that is what I had on hand and a garlic/Parmesan baguette. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)