- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and cut in strips
- 1 onion, cut into rounds
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions, and peppers, until meat is no longer pink,and drain.
- Stir in 1/2 salad dressing, and spread remaining dressing on cut sides of Italian bread, and broil 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon beef mixture over cut sides of bread, and top with cheese slices.
- Return to broiler and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut each half into 3 pieces and serve.