Recipe by Dancer^
Cooking time includes refrigeration time, I found this recipe about a month ago and we have made it twice. Very tasty.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 thick slices country bread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bottled marinated eggplant, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat and oil barbecue or oven grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound gently to flatten.
- Beat egg and water together in a shallow bowl.
- In a second shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken on both sides in egg mixture, then in crumbs.
- Arrange in single layer on a plate and cover with waxed paper.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken 5 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and grill.
- Divide tomato slices and chicken breast halves between slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with chopped eggplant and parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.