Cooking time includes refrigeration time, I found this recipe about a month ago and we have made it twice. Very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat and oil barbecue or oven grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound gently to flatten.
- 3Beat egg and water together in a shallow bowl.
- 4In a second shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper to taste.
- 5Dip chicken on both sides in egg mixture, then in crumbs.
- 6Arrange in single layer on a plate and cover with waxed paper.
- 7Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- 8Grill chicken 5 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside.
- 9Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and grill.
- 10Divide tomato slices and chicken breast halves between slices of bread.
- 11Sprinkle with chopped eggplant and parmesan cheese.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-faced Parmesan Breaded Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1246.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 2348.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: