Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these recently for a weekend snack, they are very good! You can adjust all amounts to taste. Purchase the small long loaves of rye bread for this.
- 2⁄3 cup sauerkraut, well drained (squeeze out any excess moisture with hands)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 12 -14 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 6 -8 slices rye bread (use small slices of rye bread)
- softened butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the bread.
- Spread softened butter onto each slice of bread, then spoon about 3-4 tablespoons on top, then spread the mixture out on the bread (you can use as much of the sauerkraut mixture as desired).
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Place the bread slices onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- These are best served warm.