Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have had this recipe for years and it is wonderful for lunch or a light supper. It's a great way to use up leftover ham. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Combine cream cheese and butter; stir until smooth.
- Stir in cheese, paprika, oregano, and garlic.
- Spread 2/3 mixture on muffin halves.
- Top with ham (cut or folded to fit muffin) and slice of tomato.
- Spoon remaining cheese mixture on the center of each tomato slice.
- Place on baking shet and broil until golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
I decreased the amount of butter and used oil packed sun dried tomatoes and very much enjoyed this sandwich.
We had this as a weekly meal when I was a kid. Unfortunately I am gluten free now so I may try this with gluten free bread and see how it works out. I have fond memories of this and searched it to see if I could modify only the bread! I dont remember this much butter but I will make your recipe as is to see how it tastes then modify it from there. I am glad I found this!