Recipe by Sharlene~W
Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner! For vegetarian option, omit bacon and use 1 tablespoon of olive oil instead. 1 serve = 9 ww points.
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb thin-skinned potato, scrubbed and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- light sour cream (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick frying pan, combine bacon, potatoes, onion and garlic over medium heat.
- Stir often until bacon is crisp and potatoes are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and keep warm.
- While bacon mixture cooks, beat eggs in a bowl until blended.
- When bacon mixture is done, transfer to bowl and pour eggs into frying pan.
- Cook on medium-low heat until eggs on bottom begin to set; push aside or lift cooked egg to let liquid egg flow to bottom of pan. Repeat until eggs are softly set but still creamy-looking on top, about 7 minutes total.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle eggs with half of cheese.
- Top with bacon mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil omelet 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
- Season and garnish to taste with pepper and sour cream.