1/2 Photos of Open-Faced French Country Omelet
Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner! For vegetarian option, omit bacon and use 1 tablespoon of olive oil instead. 1 serve = 9 ww points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick frying pan, combine bacon, potatoes, onion and garlic over medium heat.
- 2Stir often until bacon is crisp and potatoes are browned, about 20 minutes.
- 3Spoon mixture into a bowl and keep warm.
- 4While bacon mixture cooks, beat eggs in a bowl until blended.
- 5When bacon mixture is done, transfer to bowl and pour eggs into frying pan.
- 6Cook on medium-low heat until eggs on bottom begin to set; push aside or lift cooked egg to let liquid egg flow to bottom of pan. Repeat until eggs are softly set but still creamy-looking on top, about 7 minutes total.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8Sprinkle eggs with half of cheese.
- 9Top with bacon mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 10Broil omelet 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley.
- 12Cut in wedges to serve.
- 13Season and garnish to taste with pepper and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Faced French Country Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.6
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 457.2 mg
- Sodium 447.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g