Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Friends made these when we visited the Army base at Garmisch, Germany back in 1976. The enchiladas are fun to make because everyone gathers around and adds their own toppings.
- flour tortilla, taco size
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can enchilada sauce, warmed in small skillet
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- grated cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- Fry each tortilla in hot oil for one minute on each side.
- In separate small skillet, dip fried tortilla into warmed enchilada sauce.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Layer hamburger, cheese and onions on tortilla.
- Place in 350 oven long enough to warm and melt cheese.
- Add sour cream and tomatoes at the table.