Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Toasted whole wheat bread is topped with crispy cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, creamy egg salad and crisscrossed with bacon. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup celery, diced into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 bacon, slices
- 4 whole wheat bread, slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 ripe tomatoes, slices
- 12 cucumbers, slices
- in 2 qt saucepan place eggs, add enough cold water to come 1" above eggs. cook over high heat until water comes to a full boil, remove from heat. cover and let stand 20 to 25 minutes.
- immediately cool eggs in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- peel, chop cooked eggs, place in medium bowl, stir in remaining salad ingredients.
- fry or microwave bacon until crispy.
- meanwhile toast bread.
- top each slice toast with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 slices tomato, 3 slices cucumber and 1/2 cup egg salad.
- crisscross cooked bacon strips over sandwich and serve.