Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is wonderful! We made it about a month ago and I forgot to publish it. Then when I saw the thread on What To Serve with Fried Eggs, I remembered it. I found it in Food and Wine Magazine, recipe by Melissa Rubel.
- 6 ounces sliced boiled ham, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 English muffins (3/4-inch slices) or 4 slices of firm white bread (3/4-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the ham until finely chopped.
- Transfer the ham to a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, cayenne and chives.
- Toast the bread until golden.
- Spread the toast with 2 teaspoons of the butter and top with the deviled ham.
- In a very large nonstick skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the olive oil.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until the whites are set, about 2 minutes.
- Season each egg lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Using a spatula, set the eggs on the deviled ham sandwiches and serve immediately with a nice fresh fruit salad or sliced wedges of fruit.