Recipe by ellie_
My ds likes these with extra shredded cheese sprinkled over the top before broiling.Recipe source: Simply Seafood (Winter 1991)
Top Review by msjill111
I'm eating these as I write...so very good. I had to use hamburger buns because that's all I had, also my local grocery was out of imitation crab so I bought imitation crab/shrimp and it's so delicious!!! I think I'll try this on french bread the next time as I love french bread, Thanks for sharing a keeper.
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (for sprinkling on top) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (reduced calorie is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or (to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, cheese, mayonnaisse and cayenne (or hot pepper sauce).
- Slice tomatoes into eight slices.
- On a baking sheet or broiler pan place English muffin halves and broil 3-4 inches from heat until golden (3-5 minutes); remove from oven.
- Place a tomato slice on each muffin half and top with crab mixture (about 1/2 cup per muffin half)and then sprinkle with extra shredded cheese, if desired.
- Return to oven and broil until cheese browns. (3-5 minutes).