Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Uses deli rotisserie chicken. Cooking Light - September 2008
- 4 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices bread, hearty country type
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple, peeled (Ambrosia or Fuji )
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken breasts
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine preserves and mustard. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 2 teaspoons of mustard mixture. Place bread slices with mustard side up on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute apples and onions for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Layer each of the 4 bread slices with 1/4 cup spinach-apple mixture, 1/2 cup shredded chicken and 1 cheese slice.
- Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.