Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw the thread about favorite sandwiches and wanted to share one that my family thoroughly enjoys!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb sliced cooked chicken (may substitue turkey)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (toasted)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 Minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat and continue to stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add salt and cheddar cheese, stirring till cheese melts.
- Place sliced chicken on toast and cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
This was so easy and good. Great for those who have a busy schedule.