Recipe by Nasseh
A wonderful comfort food for those cold winter nights.
Top Review by smallfeistychef
This was a good recipe. I made a few alterations though. I was making for a large party, so I did 6 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of 2. I cooked the chicken in 1 can of chicken broth in the crock pot and then drained the broth off and cubed the chicken. I then put both the cream of potato and the cream of chicken in, but I also added a can of cream of mushroom. I did 3/4 cup of milk, 2 cans of diced potatoes, 2 cans diced peas and carrots, and 1 can of green beans. I also added 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/4 pound of Velveeta. This made a really thick and creamy sauce. I added juice from the canned veggies as needed when the sauce was too thick. For seasonings, I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and white pepper. Instead of biscuits, I made crescent rolls, some of which I rolled French's Fried Onions up in. We then poured the crock pot mixture over 1 or 2 crescent rolls depending on what size serving we wanted. It was delicious. The crock pot mixture turned out so good and creamy that I think it would also make a good soup by itself. One of my picky daughters loved it and ended up eating 4 helpings. My even pickier nephew also loved it and ate 2 helpings. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced potatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the broth into a crock pot. Add the chicken then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cover with lid & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken then place back into pot along with the rest of the ingredients (except the biscuits). Stir until well blended.
- Cover & continue to cook for 40 minutes on low. Meanwhile, bake the biscuits according to package directions.
- Cut the biscuits in half then place 4 halves on each plate. Pour the chicken mixture over the biscuits & serve immediately.