Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this one day when I was craving Chicken Parmesan but trying to stay on a diet as well. It is really delicious and can be made very fast too! If I want to sneak in more veggies, I sauté a little spinach and put it on right before the sauce.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast in half.
- Sprinkle the outside of the chicken breast halves with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Cook on medium-high heat until juices run clear.
- While that is cooking, toast two pieces of whole wheat bread.
- Place the toast on an oven-proof pan, then put the chicken on top of that, and then the mozarella cheese.
- Put the sandwiches in the oven on the broil setting until the cheese is melted.
- While that's browning, heat the sauce in the same pan that the chicken was heated inches Pour this on top of the sandwiches.