Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Breaded chicken and bacon on top of a toasted English muffin, topped off with an amazing lemon-cream sauce. Preparation time includes frying the chicken breast.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (or more if desired)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine flour, paprika, seasoning salt and black pepper; add the chicken (one at a time) to coat.
- In a large skillet with 1-2 Tbsp oil, brown and cook the chicken until the juices run clear.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, brown/cook the bacon; set aside, and keep warm.
- For the sauce: combine the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and black pepper to taste in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through (do not boil); keep warm over very low heat.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place the toasted English muffin half.
- Top with one slice of bacon and one chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, at 350 degrees, until hot (this will toast the muffin halves).
- Remove from oven; top with the lemon-cream sauce.
- Note: the lemon-cream sauce may be added on the chicken breast, and then baked in the oven, the choice is yours, also the lemon-cream sauce may be doubled if desired.