Top Review by chia
delicious topping for burgers, i make this often for a quick easy dinner. add a slice of swiss chesse over burgers and place under broiler for a minute to melt, then add onion topping.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 (8 ounce) packagespresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add mushrooms and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vinegar, remove mixture from pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine the paprika and the next 4 ingredients (paprika through black pepper).
- Divide the ground meat into 4 equal portion, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Coat patties with spice mixture.
- Grill patties 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place burger patties on muffin halves, and top each burger with 1/4 cup onion mixture.