Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The aroma of warm cinnamon rolls is always enticing. This is a twist and kids love them.
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split horizontally
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used more like 1/2 to 3/4 tsp.)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the English muffins on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat source for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are lightly toasted.
- Or toast in a toaster.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread half of the butter mixture on the cut side of each of 2 English muffin halves; sprinkle each with half of the almonds.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the spread is bubbly and the almonds are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
This is are favorite way to eat English muffins. My husband first tried these on a business trip to New Jersy 20 years ago. We like a little more topping so I doubled your topping ingredients. We also like to serve these with softened cream cheese like we had them at the restaurant. Thanks Dancer. Bullwinkle.