1/3 Photos of Open Faced Braunschweiger Melts
My Mom used to make these for us during tomato season in the summertime (way back in the 70's). Even though the combination of ingredients sounds weird, the flavors really blend well into an awesome taste sensation that I am totally addicted to, even after all these years. I LOVE this stuff! (Unbelievably quick and easy, too.) :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast bread slices, and put them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2Spread 1 Tbsp mayonnaise on each toasted piece of bread.
- 3Place 1 Braunschweiger slice over the mayonnaise.
- 4Place 1 slice of tomato on top of Braunschweiger slices.
- 5Place 1 slice of cheese on top of tomato.
- 6Put baking sheet under a preheated broiler and broil until cheese gets bubbly (3-5 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Faced Braunschweiger Melts
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 695.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
braunschweiger liver sausage