Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from one of my Southern Living cookbooks and it is so good! It's easy to make -- make sure to use the hot sauce. I cook my bacon in the oven and just set 1 tbsp drippings aside.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (I use a little more)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 drops hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in large skillet and pour off all drippings except 1 tablespoons Set bacon aside.
- Cook hash browns in hot drippings over medium heat until hash browns are tender ~ about 10 minutes.
- Stir in green onion slices and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add butter to skillet, let melt, add tomato and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes then sprinkle chopped bacon and parsley over the top and combine.
- Whisk together eggs and add salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Gently lift edges of omelet and tilt the pan so the uncooked mixture flows underneath.
- Continue cooking until omelet begins to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Set under broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts and omelet is set.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.