1/2 Photos of Open-Faced Bacon and Hash Browns Omelet
All amount can be adjusted to taste. You can use cooked potatoes, finely cubed in place of the hash browns, just make certain that the potatoes are cold before browning them. This is really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices bacon (can use more)
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large firm plum tomato
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 drops Tabasco sauce or 2 -4 drops louisiana hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1Cook the bacon in a large non-stick skillet until crisp; remove and reserve some of the bacon drippings.
- 2To the same skillet at in the thawed hash browns, cook stirring with a wooden spoon until lightly browned and tender.
- 3Add in the green onion, jalapeno pepper (if using) and tomatoes; cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Chop the bacon then sprinkle over the tomatoes and green onions.
- 5In a bowl whisk together the eggs with cream, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if using) until well blended.
- 6Pour over the hash brown mixture.
- 7Gently lift the edges of the omelet and tilt the skillet so that the uncooked portion of eggs flows underneath.
- 8Cook over medium heat until the omelet begins to slightly brown underneath; remove and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 9If desired you can place under the broiler for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
- 10Slide the omelet onto a platter, then slice into wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Faced Bacon and Hash Browns Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.4
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 518.9 mg
- Sodium 827.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.0 g