1/1 Photo of Open Faced Bacon and Cheese Sandwich With Jalapeno Jelly
From Ladies' Home Journal magazine February 2006. I added the bell pepper and cilantro for color. The jalapeno pepper jelly was a jar I picked up at the farmers' market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (sourdough will work, too)
- 1/2 lb bacon or 1/2 lb vegetarian bacon, crisply cooked and drained
- 4 slices red bell peppers, seeded and membrane removed
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese (I used Tillamook Special Reserve)
- 8 tablespoons hot pepper jelly (homemade is best!)
- cilantro leaf
- 1Preheat oven to BROIL.
- 2Spread each slice of toasted bread on one side with the hot pepper jelly.
- 3Divide and place the cheese, a bell pepper slice and the bacon on each slice of bread and broil just until the cheese starts to melt.
- 4Cut slices in half, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Faced Bacon and Cheese Sandwich With Jalapeno Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.3
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 896.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g