1/1 Photo of Open Faced Asparagus Omelet
This is perfect for that special brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (or whipped 2 % cottage cheese)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, steamed ala dente (they should just be heated through not cooked)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (pure)
- 1In a skillet with an oven proof handle heat 1 tbsp each of butter and oil.
- 2Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring often, when the mushrooms are soft remove from pan (about 2 minutes).
- 3Drain liquid from skillet.
- 4Heat remaining butter& oil, coat the pan.
- 5Combine the flour& milk, add sour cream then the eggs,,parsley& pepper pour into the skillet.
- 6cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the top is almost set, lift the eggs and let the fluid egg run under while cooking.
- 7Sprinkle with the mushrooms, arrange the asparagus like spokes of a wheel.
- 8Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- 9Broil until the cheese has melted and is lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Faced Asparagus Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.5
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 478.0 mg
- Sodium 490.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.5 g