Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is perfect for that special brunch.
Make and share this Open Faced Asparagus Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (or whipped 2 % cottage cheese)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, steamed ala dente (they should just be heated through not cooked)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (pure)
- In a skillet with an oven proof handle heat 1 tbsp each of butter and oil.
- Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring often, when the mushrooms are soft remove from pan (about 2 minutes).
- Drain liquid from skillet.
- Heat remaining butter& oil, coat the pan.
- Combine the flour& milk, add sour cream then the eggs,,parsley& pepper pour into the skillet.
- cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the top is almost set, lift the eggs and let the fluid egg run under while cooking.
- Sprinkle with the mushrooms, arrange the asparagus like spokes of a wheel.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Broil until the cheese has melted and is lightly brown.
This was very tasty and a great presentation for mothers day brunch.
i made this as part of our break fast after fasting all day for yom kippur. very nice and light, i sliced this up into 8 wedges and it virtually disappeared before my eyes i also added some sharp cheddar,enjoyed by all, a keeper.