1/1 Photo of Open-faced Apple Tahini Sandwich
This is absoloutly delicious! I found this recipe from Whole Foods Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small apple, peeled or unpeeled,any variety
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter or 1 teaspoon smooth cashew butter or 1 teaspoon almond butter (I use peanut butter)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Core and cut the apple into approximately 1/8-inch slices.
- 2Spread your choice of nut butter on each slice of the bread.
- 3Lay the apple slices on the bread.
- 4Drizzle the tahini on top of the apple slices; then drizzle the honey or maple syrup.
- 5Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- 6Put the slices in an oven set to BROIL, or in a toaster oven and toast on high.
- 7Make sure you WATCH IT so it doesnt burn.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-faced Apple Tahini Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g