Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is absoloutly delicious! I found this recipe from Whole Foods Market.
- 1 small apple, peeled or unpeeled,any variety
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter or 1 teaspoon smooth cashew butter or 1 teaspoon almond butter (I use peanut butter)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Core and cut the apple into approximately 1/8-inch slices.
- Spread your choice of nut butter on each slice of the bread.
- Lay the apple slices on the bread.
- Drizzle the tahini on top of the apple slices; then drizzle the honey or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Put the slices in an oven set to BROIL, or in a toaster oven and toast on high.
- Make sure you WATCH IT so it doesnt burn.
I had found this recipe from Whole Foods a long time ago, and I love it. My favorite way to make it is with cinnamon-raisin bread toasted first, and I use hazelnut butter in place of the peanut butter. It is a very adaptable recipe and there is something so comforting about the smell of warm apples and cinnamon. Yum!!
I also toasted the bread before broiling. Excellent! Thank you for the recipe!
I absolutely LOVE this recipe. It's like a great twist on the classic peanut butter sandwich. My plan for this week is to try it with a pear instead of an apple. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. It's simple and the flavors go together really well. I will definetly be making this a lot in the future!