Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are not only great tasting but are are diabetic and heart friendly. All around winners in my book. Using really small floweretts is vital in this recipe.
- 2 -4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper (red, yellow or green)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread mustard over the cut side of each English muffin half.
- Arrange broccoli, bell pepper and carrot over mustard.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place English muffin halves on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Mmmmm....loved this! I'm not usually a fan of dijon, but it really did make the sandwich. I did add a bit of thinly sliced onion. Wouldn't change a thing for next time. Thanks for posting this healthy, tasty, quick recipe.
WOW! Ann you have out done yourself with these tasty treats! Who knew raw broccoli would be great? My DH and I had these tasty treats for our anniversary lunch. Made or the Tailgate Party in the Diabetic Forum.
Terrific! Great combination of ingredients and the Dijon mustard really made this for me. My low-fat cheese came sliced instead of shredded but otherwise made as directed. Loved this as a great healthy lunch - thanks for sharing the recipe!