Recipe by Annacia
These are not only great tasting but are are diabetic and heart friendly. All around winners in my book. Using really small floweretts is vital in this recipe.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Mmmmm....loved this! I'm not usually a fan of dijon, but it really did make the sandwich. I did add a bit of thinly sliced onion. Wouldn't change a thing for next time. Thanks for posting this healthy, tasty, quick recipe.
- 2 -4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper (red, yellow or green)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread mustard over the cut side of each English muffin half.
- Arrange broccoli, bell pepper and carrot over mustard.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place English muffin halves on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.