Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals. This is a great clean out the fridge recipe. The sauce is the key, you can use any left over meat/veggie combo you have on hand. Try grilled, sliced zucchini in place of asparagus (much cheaper) or deli ham instead of the canadian bacon.
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package alfredo sauce mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups swiss cheese, finely shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups turkey, sliced
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. For Mornay sauce, in a saucepan, combine broth and butter over medium heat; whisk in Alfredo sauce mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups of the Swiss cheese, stirring just until melted. Remove from heat. Divide sliced turkey among split English muffins. Top with Canadian bacon, tomato, and asparagus; place on a baking sheet. Spoon the Mornay sauce over; top with the remaining 1/2 cup swiss cheese. Bake in preheated oven about 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbling and just starting to brown.