Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm really looking forward to trying this recipe soon! From Vegetarian Times and recipe by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Blend basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic in food processor or blender until well combined. Add yogurt, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Place muffins on baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Spread each half with basil mixture, and top with some tomato slices. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Yum, yum, yum! The sauce is so tasty! Thank you for this recipe.
This is so good! Would be even better with tomatoes fresh from my own garden, which I will hopefully have later this summer! :)
This sauce would be good on ANYTHING!. The sandwich was phenomenal but the sauce was beyond 5 stars! Made for ZWT 6 by a fellow Looney Spoon Phoodie.