Recipe by twissis
With this recipe I say a fond farewell to *THE BEST OF COOKING* by Arne Kruger & Annette Wolter & note my thanks for adding several new, tempting, easy quick-fix + creatively inspired ways to use leftovers to my personal cookbook. This is another recipe of the latter & uses leftover roast beef in a tasty way to prove you need not become bored w/an excess of leftovers. *Enjoy*
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Made this today for lunch. Two variations though, I did not have any wheat bread so I used plain white bread and I didn't realize that I was out of celery salt! Neither was a big deal. I made two sandwiches and ate them both! Needless to say I enjoyed both. Made for football pool 2010.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices roast beef
- 1 large orange (peeled of rind & pith, then thinly sliced in 8 slices)
- 1 pinch celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, mustard & sugar.
- Spread mayo mixture over bread slices & place roast beef slices on top.
- Place 2 orange slices atop the roast beef, sprinkle w/celery salt & serve.
- NOTE: The recipe includes this note: "This recipe is an excellent way to use up any leftover roast beef from a Sun roast & is equally good w/slices of lamb or pork.".