Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
With this recipe I say a fond farewell to *THE BEST OF COOKING* by Arne Kruger & Annette Wolter & note my thanks for adding several new, tempting, easy quick-fix + creatively inspired ways to use leftovers to my personal cookbook. This is another recipe of the latter & uses leftover roast beef in a tasty way to prove you need not become bored w/an excess of leftovers. *Enjoy*
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices roast beef
- 1 large orange (peeled of rind & pith, then thinly sliced in 8 slices)
- 1 pinch celery salt
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, mustard & sugar.
- Spread mayo mixture over bread slices & place roast beef slices on top.
- Place 2 orange slices atop the roast beef, sprinkle w/celery salt & serve.
- NOTE: The recipe includes this note: "This recipe is an excellent way to use up any leftover roast beef from a Sun roast & is equally good w/slices of lamb or pork.".
Made this today for lunch. Two variations though, I did not have any wheat bread so I used plain white bread and I didn't realize that I was out of celery salt! Neither was a big deal. I made two sandwiches and ate them both! Needless to say I enjoyed both. Made for football pool 2010.
Great tasty, flavorful sandwich. I left out the celery salt. I agree with mommyof flour that the mayo mixture was great. A great lunch. Made for the win in Football Pool.
I made this for lunch today and my kids were very skeptical about it. They ate the sandwich but the younger two removed the orange slices. I on the other hand thought it was good. Its a different lunch thats for sure, but I liked the citrus with the beef. The mayo mixture was yummy and I'm already planning on using that on some "wraps" also this summer. I will make this again, but probably just for hubby and myself. Oh well, the kids don't know whats good....lol. Thank you for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag 2008.