1/1 Photo of Open-Face Portabella Sandwiches
This is my favourite! From B H & G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, about 2/3 cup
- 9.85 ml snipped fresh basil
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2 medium fresh portabella mushrooms, each about 4 inches in diameter
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar or 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 1 loaf focaccia bread, quartered or 1 Italian bread, such as boboli brand
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Combine tomato, basil and salt in a small bowl,set aside.
- 3Clean mushrooms, cut off stems even with caps.
- 4Discard stems.
- 5Combine vinegar and oil, gently brush mixture over the mushrooms.
- 6Place mushrooms on the unheated rack of the broiler pan.
- 7Broil mushroom 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes or just till tender, turning once.
- 8Drain mushrooms on paper towels.
- 9Thinly slice mushrooms.
- 10Place bread on a baking sheet.
- 11Place under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or till bread is heated through.
- 12To serve, top toasted bread with mushrooms slices and tomato mixture.
- 13If desired, top with cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Face Portabella Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g