Recipe by carolinafan
You may use this sauce or substitute about 3 cups of your favorite one if you are short on time.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced cooked pork butt
- 6 English muffins, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ketchup, onion, water, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, pepper sauce and bay leaf in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, simmer occasionally; reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until thickened; remove bay leaf.
- Stir in pork; heat until hot.
- Toast English muffins.
- Spoon pork mixture over each muffin half.