Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Another way to use up those peaches.
Top Review by ItalianPrincess3
I had some peaches from the farm and wanted to make something sweet. This sounded good, so I made it. Made as instructed in the recipe and it came out great with a little spice flavor that we loved. We did opt to serve with a big scoop of our favorite vanilla ice cream for one delicious dessert!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 5 medium freestone peaches
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat evenly on sides and bottom of a 10" pie pan.
- Brush bottom of crust with beaten egg white and chill while you fix the filling.
- Method for filling: Peel, halve and pit peaches.
- Arrange cut side up in crust. Combine sugar and spices and sprinkle evenly over fruit. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Blend egg yolks with cream; pour over fruit, letting some of the mixture run into the center of the peaches.
- Continue baking until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- NOTE: If you don't have a 10" pie pan use a 8" square pan.
- And if you aren't counting calories serve topped with vanilla ice cream.