Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
We were visiting friends in Colorado and they served this for brunch. We absolutely flipped for these. I have made these on lazy weekends and my family really enjoys this.
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 white bread, slices 1 inch thick
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.16 ml strawberry jam or 59.16 ml red currant jelly
- 113.39 g thinly sliced cooked turkey or 113.39 g chicken
- 113.39 g thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- powdered sugar
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip both sides of bread slices in egg mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add bread slices, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Spread 1 tablespoon strawberry jam on 1 side of each bread slice; top evenly with turkey, ham, and cheese.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
A lot like the real thing! Easy to make -- Hit with all the kids (oh, and the hubby).
Made these last night for a quick supper for DH and me. Used hamburger buns because I only had regular sliced bread, and it worked fine. Also used red plum jam as I am not a fan of strawberry. Tasted delicious. Served with microwaved baked potato. Thanks for posting.
I just fixed these for supper, and wow, how good these are. I stayed with your recipe, NurseDi, except that I had a smidgen of cream cheese that needed to be used so I mixed that up with the strawberry jam. I will definitely make these again.