We were visiting friends in Colorado and they served this for brunch. We absolutely flipped for these. I have made these on lazy weekends and my family really enjoys this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 white bread, slices 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam or 4 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey or 4 ounces chicken
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- powdered sugar
- 1Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 2Dip both sides of bread slices in egg mixture.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet; add bread slices, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4Spread 1 tablespoon strawberry jam on 1 side of each bread slice; top evenly with turkey, ham, and cheese.
- 5Place on baking sheet.
- 6Broil 5 inches from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 7Sprinkle powdered sugar, if desired.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Face Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1707.9
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 217.8 mg
- Sodium 4096.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 253.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 68.9 g