Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Hot Dog Book by William Kaufman.
Make and share this Open-Face Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Cut two slits, lengthwise, into each hot dog, being careful not to cut completely through.
- Combine cheese, pickle relish, and mayonnaise.
- Pack cheese mixture into hot dog slits.
- Spread mustard on bottom half of each hot dog roll.
- Top with hot dogs.
- Place these and top of hot dog rolls in pan.
- Bake in 400° oven 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Very easy recipe, and tasted good. We used eight hotdogs, and no mustard. More suitable for lunch or snack than supper.