A wonderful filet of sole done French style and served on toast points with a lemon butter wine sauce. A great dish to serve at a luncheon or for a light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add lemon juice and white wine.
- 2Set aside.
- 3To prepare fish, whisk eggs with heavy cream in a bowl.
- 4Place flour in a separate plate.
- 5Lightly salt and pepper filets and dredge in flour; shake off excess.
- 6Place fish in egg batter.
- 7Heat 4 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 8Remove filets from batter and allow excess to run off, then gently place in skillet.
- 9Cook, turning sole once until crust is crisp and golden brown and fish flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side.
- 10Toast bread and cut each piece in half diagonally (corner to corner).
- 11Arrange toast points on 4 plates, 2 per plate.
- 12Place fish on toast points and drizzle the fish with the lemon butter.
- 13Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Face Filet of Sole Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.6
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 329.9 mg
- Sodium 530.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 41.8 g