Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
A wonderful filet of sole done French style and served on toast points with a lemon butter wine sauce. A great dish to serve at a luncheon or for a light dinner.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add lemon juice and white wine.
- Set aside.
- To prepare fish, whisk eggs with heavy cream in a bowl.
- Place flour in a separate plate.
- Lightly salt and pepper filets and dredge in flour; shake off excess.
- Place fish in egg batter.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Remove filets from batter and allow excess to run off, then gently place in skillet.
- Cook, turning sole once until crust is crisp and golden brown and fish flakes easily, about 3 minutes per side.
- Toast bread and cut each piece in half diagonally (corner to corner).
- Arrange toast points on 4 plates, 2 per plate.
- Place fish on toast points and drizzle the fish with the lemon butter.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
This was a fantastic recipe. Simple to make. Thanks for posting.