Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classier approach to the famous street fare. The melt in your mouth tenderness of Filet Mignon really changes flavor profile from an on the go sandwich to something you want to sit down and enjoy. For more recipes like these be sure to visit www.eatinginbed.com
- Firstly, take your Filet, put it in a Ziplock bag, and smash it with, either, a meat mallet or a wooden spoon.
- Tenderize both sides and put the Filet in the Freezer for 20 - 30 Minutes, until slightly firm.
- Slice your Mushroom, Onion, Pepper, and Shallot into 1/8' strips.
- Heat a Wok or Saute Pan to Medium Heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons Olive Oil (Reserving 1 Tsp for the Filet).
- Add Veggies, season with 1 Tsp of Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Stir to Combine.
- Saute for 10-15 minutes until the veggies begin to caramelize.
- Set Aside.
- Cut a 6' slice from the French Bread and toast until golden.
- Turn off Toaster, but add Smoked Gouda to toast and leave it in the toaster (if you have a toaster oven).
- Remove Filet from Freezer (Keep the Filet in the Ziplock).
- Slice Filet into thinnest strips you can manage, then cut down the center perpendicularly.
- Heat Wok/Saute Pan to Medium-High Heat.
- Add 1 remaining teaspoons Olive Oil.
- Saute for 4-7 Minutes until no pink is showing (This allows for the meat to stay close to Medium Rare).
- For plating, start with the toast with cheese, then top with veggies and finish with a layer of Filet.