Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in the 3/2005 issue of Bon Appetit and I usually halve it for my small family. When I do that, I use a smaller jar of marinated artichokes and drain them well.
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh crabmeat, drained, picked over
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1/2°C parsley in a large bowl to blend. Transfer crab mixture to 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. You can prepare up to this point and cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake crab mixture until bubbling and heated through, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Divide hot crab mixture among bread slices, using about 1/2 cup each. Top with tomato slices, then Monterey Jack cheese slices. Broil sandwiches until cheese melts, watching carefully to avoid burning, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the 2 T. of parsley and serve hot.