Source: Better Homes & Garden
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 lb. total)
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (4-inch caps with stems removed)
- 8 slices country Italian bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1Tear off a 36 x 18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; fold in half to make an 18-inch square.
- 2Place asparagus in center of foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and coarsely ground pepper.
- 3Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.
- 4Fold remaining edges to completely enclose asparagus, leaving space for steam to escape; set aside.
- 5Brush chicken and mushrooms with remaining oil; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6For a charcoal grill, place chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet with asparagus on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- 7Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 170-176F, turning chicken and mushrooms once (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.).
- 8Remove chicken, mushrooms, and foil packet from grill; slice mushrooms.
- 9Toast bread slices on grill rack for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once; spread one side of each with cream cheese.
- 10On serving plates stack half of the bread slices, spread side up, chicken, remaining bread, mushrooms and asparagus.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Face Chicken and Mushroom Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.1
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 491.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g