Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This could be a light lunch or breakfast.
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices deli ham (or Canadian bacon) or 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked (or Canadian bacon)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Place muffin halves on small, foil-lined baking sheet; top with tomato and ham.
- Combine cheese and mayonnaise; spread over ham.
- Place under preheated broiler 4 inches from heat; broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is hot.
This was so good! Made it when I needed something quick after the rest of the family had already eaten. Next time I think I might just put the mayo on the bottom under the tomatoes to keep them from sliding around though :)
I could eat these all day. I was in a hurry and didn't read the directions all the way through, so I didn't mix the cheese with the mayo, I put a really light schmear of mayo on the muffin, ham, tomato, cheese and sprinkled with a few dried herbs and crushed red pepper. Served with soup for an easy tasty dinner. So, good! Thanks for the posting.
Yummy! Next time, I think I would add a fried egg on top for a little extra oomph! Made for ZWT 8.