Recipe by Pinay0618
Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust is the perfect base to showcase the spicy Mexican-inspired toppings on this Bake-Off recipe that makes a perfect meal or game-time snack. Recipe is one of the 100 2010 finalists in the contest, submitted by Debbie Limas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice (any variety)
- 1 tablespoon land o lakes butter
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup fresh salsa (any variety)
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded Mexican blend cheese (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Brush 1 teaspoon of the oil on 15x12-inch cookie sheet. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet into 12x9-inch rectangle; brush with 2 teaspoons oil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in undrained beans, cumin, coriander and pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in rice and butter. Stir in chiles. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Using slotted spoon, spread thin layer of salsa over partially baked crust. Layer with 1/2 cup of the cheese and the bean mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, the corn and remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.