Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great Scandinavian sandwich that is excellent with a nice bisque! For a Finnish touch, add hard-boiled egg to the sandwich! This would also make a great appetizer or finger food plate. Just cut bread into small pieces and serve. This can also be eaten as a wrap in a tortilla shell.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 slices egg bread or 4 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 lb cooked bay shrimp, drained, patted dry
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 lemon slices, thin
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon dressing over each bread slice.
- Mix shrimp into remaining dressing.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each bread slice. Arrange 6 cucumber slices on top of lettuce. Arrange shrimp mixture on top of cucumbers.
- Garnish each sandwich with tomato wedge, lemon slice and dill sprig.
Very good! I cut egg bread into rounds and used my mandoline to cut the cucumbers very thin, but this is not neccesary. The dill was a surprisingly good taste. I added just a pinch of sugar to the shrimp mixture and grated fresh pepper on top. Yummy!
This wonderful recipe was chosen for the ZWT game...and gosh what an absolute delicious sandwich! I used large cooked black tiger shrimp that I sliced in half, we loved the dill/mayo dressing, and I also added in the egg, just so good! thanks for sharing mcmysteryshopper!...Kitten:)