Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Love olives? You'll like this sandwich. May use pimento-stuffed green olives as a sub for the black olives. Sandwiches will freeze. To freeze: Before broiling, wrap tightly in foil and place in Zip-Lock bag.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Ragu cheese sauce or 1 (8 ounce) jarhome-made cheese sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 slices sourdough bread, sliced 1 1/2 thick
- Combine first 3 ingredients; spread evenly on bread slices.
- Sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
- Broil until hot and lightly browned.
- If frozen, remove and let thaw; continue with step 3.
This does make for a tasty sandwich, even with the ingredients as is! Next time, I want to try this on a heavy whole wheat bread & maybe with the suggested homemade cheese sauce! Quick & easy! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]