Recipe by Baby Chevelle
This is a recipe from the Blue Owl Restaurant and Bakery in Kimmswick, Missouri. Kimmswick is an historic town. This restaurant has even been featured on the Food Network. When I saw this recipe I couldn't wait to try it, so I did, it was delicious !!! I had so much faith in this recipe that I doubled it on the first try, and I am glad I did, they flew out of here with the family. The owner of the restaurant says this is a favorite and bestseller for them. I am sure you will enjoy it, this is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, but it is one of the best ! Tastes like a Gooey Butter Cake!! I myself used parchment paper which made the cookies thicker and gooeyier if there is such a word LOL Prep time includes 30 min refrigeration.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add cake mix; beat until well blended ( It will be very stiff).
- Cover dough and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, or you may use parchment paper. With the parchment paper they will not spread as much. Bake 12 minutes, DO NOT let cookies brown!
- Let cookies cool and then sift additional powdered sugar over them.