Prep 50 mins
Cook 48 mins
This is a recipe from the Blue Owl Restaurant and Bakery in Kimmswick, Missouri. Kimmswick is an historic town. This restaurant has even been featured on the Food Network. When I saw this recipe I couldn't wait to try it, so I did, it was delicious !!! I had so much faith in this recipe that I doubled it on the first try, and I am glad I did, they flew out of here with the family. The owner of the restaurant says this is a favorite and bestseller for them. I am sure you will enjoy it, this is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, but it is one of the best ! Tastes like a Gooey Butter Cake!! I myself used parchment paper which made the cookies thicker and gooeyier if there is such a word LOL Prep time includes 30 min refrigeration.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add cake mix; beat until well blended ( It will be very stiff).
- Cover dough and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in powdered sugar. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, or you may use parchment paper. With the parchment paper they will not spread as much. Bake 12 minutes, DO NOT let cookies brown!
- Let cookies cool and then sift additional powdered sugar over them.
These cookies are AMAZING!!!! My whole family devoured them, and I also brought some to work and they also loved them :D I uploaded a picture of mine
These cookies are to die for! Im originally from St Louis and these are a little taste of home. Thanks for posting this awesome recipe. I doubled the recipe and used a small scoop to measure out the cookies. It made 38 cookies.
All of my family loved these! My husband loves a soft cookie and this is it. We have been to the Blue Owl and had a wonderful dessert there, but didn't try these cookies. I am trying them today with lemon. I ended up with 3 dozen instead of 4, but they were the perfect size. I make my cookies on stoneware so I did not need parchment paper.