Recipe by megs_
This recipe was developed when I accidentally messed up a different red smashed potato recipe. I ended up loving the result.
- 4 red potatoes, washed
- 3 ounces instant mashed potatoes with butter and herbs, 1 packet (do not make as directed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan full of water and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, lower heat and let potatoes simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes. Mash potatoes as much as possible.
- Add butter, sour cream, and milk to potatoes. Mash potatoes a little more.
- When boiling, remove potatoes from heat.
- Add packet of instant potatoes and creole seasoning and mix well.
- The result will be semi-smooth, semi-chunky YUMMY smashed potatoes.