Recipe by Random Rachel
I've never had so many compliments on my potato salad before! I made this, and thought it needed something, tried to fix it, and almost tossed it, then decided to bring it to the bbq just in case it was needed. Everyone was glad I didn't toss it! I am putting the recipe down so I don't forget how I messed up so good :-)
- 5 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (too much for my taste)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 large pickles
- 1⁄2 cup green olive, with pimentos
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt (too much for my taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dice, and boil potatoes until fork tender. Don't bother peeling them, no one ever notices :-).
- Meanwhile, mince onion in food processor. Add pickles, and pulse for a few seconds, then add olives and pulse a few seconds more. You want the consistency to resemble pickle relish.
- Stir the mayo, mustards, salt, and pepper into the pickle mixture.
- Once the spuds are done, drain, and rinse in cool water. I rinse them a few times, then let them sit a few minutes until they have cooled down.
- Stir potatoes into sauce mixture, and mash slightly with fork or pasta spoon. Chill, and enjoy. The flavor mellows with time, and its better after several hours.