Recipe by ladypit
I was making pizza for my kids and their friends tonight. I had 3 crusts to make and was already on my second when I realized that I had forgotten to add the oil to my first crust. I made yet another in case the fat free one did not work out, but it was just great. Therefore, this is my new normal crust!
Top Review by daggle
I loved this recipe, its light and crispy. I did not have a food processor but I still made the dough. I did have to add at least 1/2 cup of flour to make the dough form a ball(may be due to lack of food processor?) It was sooo delicious. I have been on a health kick for a while and this absolutly kept me from ordering fatty oily take out. I topped my pizza with a few sliced Babybel light cheese, my own low cal sauce with sliced fresh tomato and spinach. OH MY!! looked beautiful and tasted AWESOME... EDITED-- I replaced the white flour completely with whole wheat flour to make it a little more healthier and it was just as delish.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of the warm water with the yeast and the sugar. Stir it well to try to dissolve the yeast and sugar. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until it gets foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Pulse for about 5 seconds.
- When the yeast mixture is foamy add it to the flour and pulse for about 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine on. Start adding the remaining water a little at a time until the dough forms a ball.
- Once it forms a ball let it spin 25 times.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put the ball of dough on top and cover it with a metal bowl you have sprayed with cooking spray. Let it sit there between 15 and 30 minutes depending on how much you want it to rise.
- Heat the oven to 425. When the dough is done rising, pat it out on your cookie sheet into the shape you want for your pizza.
- (Mine are often triangles because I am not very good at this step! But they sure are tasty!) Prick the crust repeatedly with a fork and bake it for about 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. You can top it immediately or let it sit depending on your need.
- Once you have topped it, the pizza will need about 15-20 minutes to cook, or until brown.