Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was an invention I created after realizing that I had a prepackaged salad bag due to expire in a couple of days. The rest came together after rummaging in my pantry and fridge for a while trying to think of what else to add to the lettuce. Despite the lack of planning, the flavor was a success and something that I plan to use deliberately in the future! Feel free to use fresh lettuce if you don't like the bagged idea, it usually tastes better even if you do lose a little bit of convienience. This is a very simple salad, so you may opt to add other ingredients if you are interested. Chopped tomatoes and onions would be great!
- 1 (8 ounce) package butter lettuce
- 1 (6 ounce) packagepre- cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Start with the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk until the oil and vinegar blend together. This should take only a couple of minutes. You may need to redo this depending on how long the dressing will sit before serving.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. You can chill the dressing beforehand if you like, but I find it's just as tasty at room temperature!
- Serve and enjoy!
Indescribably good and have no words except a couple of Italian hand gestures thrown in for theatrics. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
Simple is often better and this recipe proves the point. Terrific salad, queenofeats. Made it exactly as written and it disappeared.
We really enjoyed this salad! For the chicken I just grilled some skinless breasts up on our foreman grill with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and garlic powder. I really liked the dressing for this! I think some feta would be really great in this salad too! Oh and I used an italian blend packaged salad. Served along with Recipe #131905 for a fantastic meal.