1/2 Photos of Oops! Italian Chicken Salad
This was an invention I created after realizing that I had a prepackaged salad bag due to expire in a couple of days. The rest came together after rummaging in my pantry and fridge for a while trying to think of what else to add to the lettuce. Despite the lack of planning, the flavor was a success and something that I plan to use deliberately in the future! Feel free to use fresh lettuce if you don't like the bagged idea, it usually tastes better even if you do lose a little bit of convienience. This is a very simple salad, so you may opt to add other ingredients if you are interested. Chopped tomatoes and onions would be great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package butter lettuce
- 1 (6 ounce) package pre- cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 1Start with the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk until the oil and vinegar blend together. This should take only a couple of minutes. You may need to redo this depending on how long the dressing will sit before serving.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients together.
- 3Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. You can chill the dressing beforehand if you like, but I find it's just as tasty at room temperature!
- 4Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oops! Italian Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.8
- Calories from Fat 644
- Total Fat 71.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 706.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g