Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love these with Greek Chicken or whatever else, for that matter!
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and lemon juice in microwave bowl and drizzle small amount to cover bottom of baking dish. Reserve butter mixture.
- Peel and quarter baking potatoes.
- In plastic bag, combine flour, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- One at a time, place potato wedges in remaining melted butter. Save remainder for possible use later.
- Place 1 or 2 wedges at a time in flour bag and shake to coat.
- Place potato wedges in baking pan and sprinkle lightly with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check for doneness. If potatoes are not as brown as you'd like, drizzle with a small amount of leftover lemon butter.
- Bake until tender and brown.
These were just o.k. for us. The problem being that the flour breading was a bit much. I ended up having to broil for 5 minutes to brown them and make more crispy. Other than that I followed your recipe exactly. Added a t. of Greek seasoning to the flour mixture also. It was a nice side to the porkloin I made for sunday's dinner. Glad I tagged, thanks for sharing Mare~ Made for Feb. Cupids Bev. Tag 08.
I halved this recipe, added garlic only which I see as a must & got 4 servings as shown in the pic. The potatoes I used were smaller than normal baking size & I just halved them. They did not appear to be browning well, so I used more of the reserved butter + the fan setting of my convection oven. Voila! We both loved the buttery-rich, lemon flavor! I felt the coating tasted more of flour than desired, but DH did not agree. It surprised me that they were even better the 2nd dy when rewarmed & crisped again in the oven. Thx for sharing this sure-to-be repeated recipe w/us. Yum!